Vision & Mission
OUR VISION: The Department of Life Sciences (Zoology) and Computational Biology envisions to foster critical thinking and learning process that cut across different disciplines of Life Sciences and Computational Biology to promote high academic standards and nurturing an individual’s holistic development to make them good human beings
- 1. To instill scientific temper and research aptitude in the study of different subjects coming under the core subject Zoology such as Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Environmental Science, Biodiversity etc and Computational Biology such as Bioinformatics,
- 2. Genomics, Proteomics, Immuoinformatics, Computer Aided Drug Discovery etc.
- 3.To inspire the stakeholders in acquiring and enriching knowledge and skills and are encourage to embrace human values in their career and life and make them confident, eco friendly citizens and to make effective contribution to the society in a dynamic environment.
- 4. Zoology, as a branch of Life sciences,makes a huge impact on our world through the scientific study of the evolution, anatomy, physiology, behavior, habitats, and health of animals and humans. It includes diverse approaches such as Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Environmental science, Biodiversity etc. Computational Biology is a process of application and development of theoretical approaches as well as mathematical methods, computational modelling techniques and data analytics to study biological, behavioural, social and ecological systems. Life Science (Zoology) and Computational Biology as a Basic and Applied Science has been considered as a novel discipline of Science, which has implications in various aspects of human welfares like Medicine, Agriculture, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. Globally majorresearches in medicine such as cancer research and drug discovery are based on ComputationalBiology. In the present COVID-19 scenario it is of utmost importance, particularly in the field of vaccine development.
- 5. Life science together with Computational Biology offers a wide range of career opportunities in a various field globally in numerous sectors such as Pharmaceuticals, Research and Development, Agriculture, etc. The graduates may have opportunities as a bio-analyst, clinical pharmacologist or computational chemist in the field of medicine and can work in the commercial, academic and government domains.
These days, under biological research projects, technological advancements have led to an emphasis on the role of computation. After completion of an undergraduate or postgraduate program in Computational Biology, the stake holders can choose different jobs such as, Computer and Information Research Scientist, Computational Biochemist, Biology Content Developer, Biomedical Technician, Molecular Biologist, University Faculty etc.
Our primary vision: while starting this course was to channelize Biology education to Computer- assisted research field. However, the objective of the course is reflected in the curriculum that gives a strong basic knowledge in Zoology as well as Computational Biology both in theory and practical to the graduating students.
Our primary mision: is to produce skilled graduates who can choose research fields or
professional career as Computational Biologists with Life Science in the Research and
Development Sector of Software industries.
Life Science(Zoology) and Computational Biology