Vision & Mission
The objectives of the course are as follows :
- Course aims to provide students with fundamentals of economic concepts and theories to enable them to understand the working of the economy and analyzing the multi dimensional aspects of developmental issues
- it aims to equip the students with skills to apply theoretical knowledge to practical policy purposes.
- The course is aimed to equip the students in quantitative and qualitative tools and concepts which are indispensable for the in-depth study of theoretical and empirical economics and motivates students for higher studies in Economics and related subjects.
- Another major purpose is to impart students with theoretical and practical skills in economic tools to take up position in teaching, research civil services and financial institutions including banks, firms, stock exchanges, insurance etc.
- The course aims to develop critical analysis of popular and periodical literature in economic science and contemporary issues with a social perspective.